SMS usage has double in the past year!
- In 2008, U.S. cell phone subscribers sent and received on average 357 text messages per month, compared to making 204 voice calls a month, according to the Nielsen Report.
- Between the ages of 12 – 45 will send 60% more text messages than make voice calls.
- Currently 1/3 of the world has mobile internet access, which is twice as many as the number of internet-connected PCs.
- 50% of the world’s population is expected to have access to the Internet through a mobile device in 1 year!
- Mobile web technologies allow us to provide location-specific resources to users.
- Development of mobile websites and mobile applications is very different from their desktop counterparts, and requires specialized knowledge of the platform.
- Two thirds of mobile phone users are subscribers of SMS text messaging.‚ÄĚ What does that translate to? Approximately 1.8 billion people are actively text messaging today
- There are two times as many active sms users as are active users of email
- In the U.S. alone, over 300 billion sms text messages were sent in 2007
- On Average text messages are read within 4 minutes compared to 48 hours with email.
- While 65% of e-mail is spam, less than 10% of SMS is spam
- 62% say they use text messaging to communicate with friends
- 55% say they use it to communicate with their significant others
- WHAMmobiles clients revenue increases 10% when utilizing mobile websites for shopping centers and malls.
- A lead is generated every 5mins. utilizing WHAMmobiles lead generator.
SMS Marketing Stats And Fact Sheet
If your business wants to become a part of the MOBILE MARKETING REVOLUTION Contact Us.